The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For more information on CAMRA nationally have a look at the National CAMRA web-site.
If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. This web site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA), and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map), You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Newsletter), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries), and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Beer Festivals).
Potton Brewery went into liquidation last October, but was sold to a new owner in Dec 2013, and since then the brewery has received a major investment. The brewery is now in full production, selling their excellent award winning beers. See their website for more details - Potton Brewery.
|Huntingdonshire Branch Pub Awards|
All Huntingdonshire Branch CAMRA members are encouraged to vote in our 2014 Branch Pub Awards, by visiting this page Branch Pub Awards.
|"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals|
The next Booze on the Ouse will be the St Neots Beer & Cider Festival
on Thursday 13 to Saturday 15 March 2014. Festival Details
|Local Pub Guide|
Sample a selection of the best pubs in the branch area. This list is updated every month, and the recommended pubs with a beer quality rating are based on continuous beer quality surveying by local CAMRA members. If you are a local CAMRA member and would like to help in the surveying, please login to the Members area.
CAMRA Email List
If you are a member of CAMRA and you live in the old county of Huntingdonshire, please subscribe to this group to get up to date news about Real Ale in Huntingdonshire, including local beer festivals, pub and brewery/beer news, social trips, meetings, campaigns and the branch website. Subscribe to our email list by sending an email to ku.oc.spuorgoohay@ebircsbus-stnuharmac.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Monday 9th December, 21:19 : Hunts Branch Open Committee Meeting, 8.30pm, Tue 10 Dec, White Hart, Gt Staughton. All CAMRA members welcome
- Wednesday 4th December, 21:35 : RT @scotbeershop: @HuntsCAMRA Please tweet our shop, supporting the campaign by stocking 200 craft Scottish ales on sale, online at http://scottishbeershop.co.uk
- Wednesday 4th December, 21:17 : Join us in St Neots on Fri 6 Dec. Start at the PigNFalcon at 7.30pm, then Weeping Ash at 8.30, HogNPartridge at 9 and Ye Olde Sun at 10
- Wednesday 20th March 2013, 16:05 : RT @CAMRA_Official: A great BIG thank you to everyone who has campaigned on this important issue A great campaign to #saveyourpint which ...
- Sunday 17th March 2013, 14:31 : Thanks to all who came along to the St Neots festival, especially the hard working volunteers who made it a great... fb.me/BFAXXK3a
National CAMRA News
- CAMRA's annual Parliamentary Reception is a success
Created with flickr slideshow. CAMRA's annual 2014 parliamentary reception again proved a great success as over 100 MPs, Peers, and CAMRA volunteers came together to celebrate and campaign for
- Community meeting highlights importance of Sustainable Communities Act
CAMRA’s campaign to urge Councils to put forward motions under the Sustainable Communities Act to protect pubs was discussed at a packed out public meeting in Ealing; the first Council
- Country charm shines through as rural pub wins CAMRA’s “National Pub of the Year” award
Lancashire Pub judged Best in Britain A sleepy village pub has been thrust into the limelight after being named the best in the UK by CAMRA, the Campaign for Real
- CAMRA reaches 300 ACVs
In February 2014 CAMRA announced that 300 pubs had been listed as Assets of Community Value. Just 5 months after Community Pubs Minister Brandon Lewis announced CAMRA’s first milestone in
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 10:07 : RT @ThePubChampion: Breaking news from #York @LibDemConf: the @LibDems adopt @CAMRA_Official #planning reforms to close loopholes re #pubs …
- Monday 3rd March, 12:27 : RT @TonyJerome: If you would like to follow updates from the Future Pub Conference follow #futurepub
- Wednesday 26th February, 21:51 : RT @TonyJerome: We're very sad to hear of the death of Dennis Turner. He was a great supporter of beer drinkers & pub goers. He'll be misse#camra_official
- Wednesday 26th February, 16:55 : RT @RBLI: Real ale lover? #Shropshire are marking the #WW1centenary by bringing out a Poppy Ale in August: ow.ly/u0Ntl @CAMRA_Of@CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday 26th February, 15:31 : RT @savethegeorge: Deadline 4th March to sign petition and write to planning Inspectorate savethegeorgetavern.com @Textiquette2012 @PrivateEyeNews@IanMcKellen