This website is moving. Please change your bookmark/favourite to www.hunts.camra.org.uk
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For more information on CAMRA nationally have a look at the National CAMRA web-site.
If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. This web site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA), and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map), You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Newsletter), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries), and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Beer Festivals).
Hunts CAMRA Pub Awards 2014
The King of the Belgians is the Hunts CAMRA Pub of the Year 2014. The awards were presented during the Press and Trade Preview at the St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer and Cider Festival. Hunts CAMRA Pub Awards 2014 for a full list of awards and winners.
|"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals|
The St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer & Cider Festival
will be held at the Burgess Hall, St Ives, from Thursday 9th to Saturday 11th October. Festival Details
Thu 9 Oct 5 to 11 pm, Fri 10 Oct noon to 11 pm, Sat 11 Oct noon to 10 pm.
Potton Brewery went into liquidation last October, but was sold to a new owner in Dec 2013, and since then the brewery has received a major investment. The brewery is now in full production, selling their excellent award winning beers. See their website for more details - Potton Brewery.
|Local Pub Guide|
Sample a selection of the best pubs in the branch area. This list is updated every month, and the recommended pubs with a beer quality rating are based on continuous beer quality surveying by local CAMRA members. If you are a local CAMRA member and would like to help in the surveying, please login to the Members area.
CAMRA Email List
If you are a member of CAMRA and you live in the old county of Huntingdonshire, please subscribe to this group to get up to date news about Real Ale in Huntingdonshire, including local beer festivals, pub and brewery/beer news, social trips, meetings, campaigns and the branch website. Subscribe to our email list by sending an email to ku.oc.spuorgoohay@ebircsbus-stnuharmac.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Saturday, 12:55 : Could some Hunts pubs be next? BBC News - Bentley Case Is Altered pub reopens after villagers buy it bbc.in/1lcKfmJ
- Wednesday 19th March, 13:38 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Chancellor George Osborne cuts a penny off a pint for a second year running #Budget2014 - Well done everyone!
- Wednesday 19th March, 10:46 : RT @OakhamAles: Spooky! Our next batch of Green Devil IPA in cask which is released on Monday has the gyle number '666'!!!
- Sunday 16th March, 15:35 : Thanks to all who came to StNeots #BoozeOnTheOuse - record attendance of 1,500. Big, big thanks to all volunteers; Your Festival Needed You!
- Sunday 16th March, 15:31 : RT @Beer_Talk: My write up of the St Neots Beer Fest #BooseOnTheOuse beertalk.wordpress.com/2014/03/16/st-… @HuntsCAMRA
National CAMRA News
- CAMRA thanks MPs for another Budget Success
Representatives from across the beer and pub sector came together on Tuesday to celebrate Chancellor George Osborne cutting beer duty for a second year running and freezing cider duty at
- Scottish Parliamentary Reception a success
CAMRA’s annual Scottish Reception was a huge success as over 50 MSPs, CAMRA volunteers and industry representatives came together to celebrate and campaign for real ale in Scotland. The reception
- Time to raise a glass to the Chancellor as beer duty is cut for second year running
CAMRA is celebrating after Chancellor George Osborne today announced during the 2014 Budget that beer duty will be cut by 1p for a second year running. Thanks to the incredible
- CAMRA's annual Parliamentary Reception is a success
Created with flickr slideshow. CAMRA's annual 2014 parliamentary reception again proved a great success as over 100 MPs, Peers, and CAMRA volunteers came together to celebrate and campaign for
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 14:39 : Urge the Govt to stick to its clear promise made a year ago on pubco reform and sign our petition calling action here pubscandal.org.uk
- Thursday 17th April, 20:19 : Great British Beer Festival 2014 - tickets now on sale: gbbf.org.uk #camra_official #gbbf
- Wednesday 16th April, 14:08 : RT @TonyJerome: CAMRA is looking for a new Senior Marketing Manager - if you are interested then please visit bit.ly/1hJbVMA #camra_official
- Wednesday 9th April, 16:08 : RT @thomasbrake: Promoting a fairer deal for locals with Rodger, licensee and director of my constituency office's local, The Hope. http://pic.twitter.com/vGOfZNTTEF
- Wednesday 9th April, 14:20 : RT @carolinenokes: Supporting @FairDeal4Locals in Westminster today with Judith from The Crown in King's Somborne pic.twitter.com/eV8PNIwjK0