The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For more information on CAMRA nationally have a look at the National CAMRA web-site.
If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. This web site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA), and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map), You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Newsletter), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries), and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Beer Festivals).
|"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals|
The next Booze on the Ouse will be the St Neots Beer Festival, on Thursday 14th to Saturday 16th March, 2013.
|Local Pub Guide|
Sample a selection of the best pubs in the branch area. This list is updated every month, and the recommended pubs with a beer quality rating are based on continuous beer quality surveying by local CAMRA members. If you are a local CAMRA member and would like to help in the surveying, please login to the Members area.
CAMRA Email List
If you are a member of CAMRA and you live in the old county of Huntingdonshire, please subscribe to this group to get up to date news about Real Ale in Huntingdonshire, including local beer festivals, pub and brewery/beer news, social trips, meetings, campaigns and the branch website. Subscribe to our email list by sending an email to ku.oc.spuorgoohay@ebircsbus-stnuharmac.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Wednesday 20th March, 16:05 : RT @CAMRA_Official: A great BIG thank you to everyone who has campaigned on this important issue A great campaign to #saveyourpint which ...
- Sunday 17th March, 14:31 : Thanks to all who came along to the St Neots festival, especially the hard working volunteers who made it a great... http://t.co/thk7ncXjhV
- Saturday 16th March, 10:05 : St Neots Beer Festival open from midday until 10 pm. Great selection of real ales and ciders, and we'll be showing the rugby.
- Thursday 14th March, 16:46 : St Neots beer festival opens to the public in 15 minutes! Come along and try some great beers. http://t.co/perjLoaKRB
- Wednesday 13th March, 11:01 : RT @OakhamAles: @HuntsCAMRA Booze on the Ouse starts on Thursday (14th). Jester's Ferret and Scarlet Macaw on the beer list. Have a grea ...
National CAMRA News
- MPs discuss the closure of The Porcupine pub in House of Commons
On the 21st May, MPs gathered in the House of Commons to discuss the impending conversion of the Porcupine Pub in Mottingham to a Lidl store. Local MP and former
- Porcupine pub campaigners secure a debate in Parliament
The Porcupine pub in Bromley, South East London is at the centre of a campaign to save it from demolition. The pub’s building can be dated back as far
- CAMRA Members Discount for Newbury’s Real Ale Raceday and JLT Lockinge Stakes
A pint of the best Great British ale in the ‘Crafty Filly’ and world class horse racing, what better combination? The Racecourse Newbury will host its most prestigious race of
- Fair Deal For Your Local: Time for Pubco Reform
We have a very real opportunity to help save the Great British pub. Your support secured the first cut in beer duty for 50 years now please join us and
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 11:40 : Win 1 of 6 cases of award winning Summer Lightning when you order the Good Bottled Beer Guide this week http://t.co/kbyPluuBkS #GBBG #CAMRA
- Wednesday, 09:48 : RT @ComShares: Community Shares website announcement - http://t.co/nJadgNvRlq
- Wednesday, 09:47 : See if your MP supports #fairdeal4yourlocal campaign to reform the pubcos. If not please lobby and get them on board. http://t.co/QigPm1dW73
- Tuesday, 12:51 : RT @IBDTP: @TheParcelYard looking good for tonight's launch! #itsbetterdownthepub http://t.co/iZEd6ogL5U
- Tuesday, 11:18 : Summer Lightning up for grabs! Win a case when you order the New Good Bottled Beer Guide this week at http://t.co/kbyPluuBkS #GBBG #CAMRA