The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For more information on CAMRA nationally have a look at the National CAMRA web-site.
If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. This web site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA), and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map), You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Newsletter), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries), and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Beer Festivals).
|Ye Olde Sun, St Neots - CAMRA Cambridgeshire Pub of the Year 2013|
Ye Olde Sun, St Neots, has received the overall CAMRA Cambridgeshire Pub of the Year award after having been selected as the CAMRA Huntingdonshire Branch Pub of the Year in March. Ye Olde Sun came top when judged against the Pub of the Year for each of the other three Cambridgeshire branches, Cambridge, Ely and Peterborough - the Flying Pig, Cambridge; the Townhouse, Ely; and the Coalheavers Arms, Peterborough.
|"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals|
The next Booze on the Ouse will be the St Neots Beer Festival, on Thursday 13th to Saturday 15th March, 2014. Details coming soon
|Local Pub Guide|
Sample a selection of the best pubs in the branch area. This list is updated every month, and the recommended pubs with a beer quality rating are based on continuous beer quality surveying by local CAMRA members. If you are a local CAMRA member and would like to help in the surveying, please login to the Members area.
CAMRA Email List
If you are a member of CAMRA and you live in the old county of Huntingdonshire, please subscribe to this group to get up to date news about Real Ale in Huntingdonshire, including local beer festivals, pub and brewery/beer news, social trips, meetings, campaigns and the branch website. Subscribe to our email list by sending an email to ku.oc.spuorgoohay@ebircsbus-stnuharmac.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Wednesday, 21:35 : RT @scotbeershop: @HuntsCAMRA Please tweet our shop, supporting the campaign by stocking 200 craft Scottish ales on sale, online at http://…
- Wednesday, 21:17 : Join us in St Neots on Fri 6 Dec. Start at the PigNFalcon at 7.30pm, then Weeping Ash at 8.30, HogNPartridge at 9 and Ye Olde Sun at 10
- Wednesday 20th March 2013, 16:05 : RT @CAMRA_Official: A great BIG thank you to everyone who has campaigned on this important issue A great campaign to #saveyourpint which ...
- Sunday 17th March 2013, 14:31 : Thanks to all who came along to the St Neots festival, especially the hard working volunteers who made it a great... fb.me/BFAXXK3a
- Saturday 16th March 2013, 10:05 : St Neots Beer Festival open from midday until 10 pm. Great selection of real ales and ciders, and we'll be showing the rugby.
National CAMRA News
- It's time for pubcos to reassess their approach - by Mike Benner
This piece by Mike Benner, CAMRA's Chief Executive, first appeared in the Publican's Morning Advertiser. Campaigning activity on pubco reform has intensified as the Government’s decision grows near. CAMRA
- Over 200 MPs back CAMRA’s Pubco Reform campaign
A total of 201 MPs have pledged their support for our Fair Deal for Your Local campaign. Thanks to the commitment of 7715 CAMRA members who have lobbied their
- Please help CAMRA lobby Vince Cable to do the right thing on Pubco Reform
The Government is set to announce their response to the pubco reform consultation in a matter of weeks. Your support in getting us this far has made all the difference.
- CAMRA launches campaign material to celebrate beer tax win
CAMRA officially launched new celebration material at a popular parliamentary pub event last night that thanked MPs and Ministers who made a difference by the scrapping of the beer duty
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday 2nd December, 11:43 : Out and about this #Christmas? Let us know how many pubs you'll be visiting this year in our #CAMRA poll #BitOfFun a.pgtb.me/MtRrzm
- Sunday 1st December, 13:06 : RT @Daniel_Thwaites: Did you see Ian our Brewing Director +Anson @MillstoneMellor in action at #BBCGFS @CAMRA_Official #BeerExperience? :) …
- Sunday 1st December, 10:08 : Come and tick off 5 of the '300 more beers to try before you die' @BBCGoodFoodShow tickets left for beer tasting, 11am and 5pm. U208 hall 8
- Sunday 1st December, 08:55 : Author @RogerProtzBeer is holding tastings 2day using ales from his book "300 More Beers”. Perfect gift for any beer lover @BBCGoodFoodShow
- Friday 29th November, 19:34 : RT @andy_bloke: @CAMRA_Official @Daniel_Thwaites @BBCGoodFoodShow We really enjoyed the Great British Beer Experience yesterday thanks.